Espier Launcher i6/i7 - Newbie Guide
After installing or updating Espier Launcher (iOS7), if you press HOME button of your device, the system will list all launcher (desktop) apps available on you system, as shown in the Figure:
At this moment, choose Espier Launcher (iOS7), you will start Espier Launcher (iOS7); for your convenience, you can choose Espier Launcher (iOS7) as the default launcher. After this, once you press HOME button, the system will start Espier Launcher (iOS7) directly instead of displaying the launcher list.
- After installed Espier Screen Locker (iOS7), the system will also list it in the launcher list. You should note that, only if your device can be unlocked by pressing HOME button, you select Espier Screen Locker (iOS7) as the default launcher.
- After set Espier Launcher (iOS7) as the default laucher, if you want to select other app as the default launcher, you can enter into the system Settings app -> Apps -> Espier Launcher (iOS7). In the subsequent screen, tap Clear defaults. After this, when you press HOME button again, the system will ask you select one app as the launcher. Now you have the chance to change the default launcher.
After starting Espier Launcher (iOS7), the launcher will list all icons of installed apps on your home screen. You can follow the following steps to customize your home screen quickly:
- Long-tapping an icon until the icons jitter, the launcher will enter into the edit mode. Tap the center of a jittering icon, the launcher will display a menu including Rename, Hide, Lock, and other options. You can hide some lesser used icons (especially some obnoxious stock app icons). In this way, your HOME screen will be much clear and clean. On the other hand, hiding some icons will reduce the RAM consumed by the launcher.
- After entering the edit mode, you can drag icons to arrange them, or drag-and-drop one icon onto another to create a folder.
- After arranging your home screen, we recommend that you backup your current setting: Tap Espier Hub -> Preferences -> Icon Sorting & Backup -> Save current icon settings.
Once you start Espier Launcher (iOS7), you can use it at once. However, because the notification and lock screen are managed by the system, so you need some settings to enable them.In the system stock launcher or a third-party launcher, Espier Notifications (iOS7), Espier Screen Locker (iOS7), and Espier Control Center iOS7 are listed in the app list as normal apps. If you tap the icon of them, the system will show you the setting page of the app. However, Espier Launcher (iOS7) takes them as plugins of the launcher, so they will not be listed on the home screen. Instead, you need to tap Espier Hub -> Plugins for Launcher to access the setting page of them.
On the home screen of Espier Launcher (iOS7), tap Espier Hub -> Plugins for Launcher. The launcher will list all installed plugins. If you turn on the switcher of one plugin, the launcher will show an entry to the setting page of the plugin. Tap the entry; you will enter into the setting page of the plugin.
Options of Main Launcher (iOS7)
Press MENU button of your device when you are on icon page or widget page of the launcher, the launcher will show you a menu. The menu provides some items frequently used.
This item can be used to add a widget or a shortcut onto the launcher.
Use this item to show all installed themes of Espier Launcher (iOS7). You can preview or apply one theme. The latest Espier Launcher (iOS7) version provides support for designing the icon when you are using a third-party theme.
You can use this item to set the system wallpaper. You can also select a beautiful picture from our online galleray to be your wallpaper.
1) The online gallery provides a lot of icons, patterns, and pictures for you. You can browser, download them. You can also apply one picture to be the system wallpaper directly.
2) If you are not using the Pro edition, you need to subscribe the saving picture license to save the icons, patterns, and pictures to your local storage.
This item is the entry of preferences of the launcher. You can set the options related to the launcher to customize your home screen. You can also enter into the Preferences page of the launcher by tapping Espier Hub icon on your home screen.
This item will show the current version, copyright, and other information of the launcher in About page. The About page also provides Share with friends, Comment on this app, and other options related to the launcher. The following options are very important for a newbie of Espier apps:
- User Guide will help you use Espier apps better. You can tap Online User Guide to access this guide by using your browser.
- Geniune Validation can be used to check whether the edition you are using is the geninue one. The genuine validation can prevent some malicious crack from violating your privacy, security, and interests.
- Checke New Version can be used to check the latest version of the launcher. This will help you keep using our latest version of the launcher.
Espier Launcher (iOS7) provides multiple widget modes to show the widgets:
- Double Deck: The widget pages will be shown in a separate layer. Press BACK button to switch between the icon pages and the widget pages. You can have multiple widget pages (at most 8).
- Single Deck: The widget pages will be shown along with the icon pages. You can have multiple widget pages (at most 8).
- Single Page: All widgets will show on a single page along with the icon pages. You can slide up and down the widget page to show more widgets.
- None: There are no any widget page.
- When the widget page mode is not None, you can add a new widget or a new shortcut to the current widget page by long-tapping the blank space.
- By default, Espier Launcher uses Double Deck mode.
- By default, Espier Launcher (iOS7) uses None mode. If you want to show widgets on the home screen, you need to get an extra license.
- Under Double Deck mode, if you are using Android 4.0 or later, you can specify a scrolling visual effect when scrolling the widget pages.
This option can be used to set the device name of your device. This device name will be shown in the search box. By default, the device name is My Phone in phone mode and My Pad in pad mode.
Please note that:
- Espier Launcher has a separate search page.
- Espier Launcher iOS7 has no separate search page; you can slide down the icon page to show the search box.
You can use the options to control the search range of the search box.
You can use this option to change the default search engine when you are searching the web from the search box. To change the default search engine, you need to page an extra license.
Icon Layout and Font
This provides the main customization options for the launcher. You can customize the icon size, icon layout (the icon rows and the icon columns), the font size, and the title color:
- Icon Size: The launcher provides four options for icon size: Big, Middle, Small, and Best Fit. For the resolution larger than 640x480, the launcher uses Best Fit for icon size by default. When the icon size is Best Fit, the launcher will automatically calculate the icon size according to your screen resolution; the icon may be scaled, and result in the loss of the icon details.
- Number of Icon Rows and Number of Icon Columns can be used to adjust the icon layout of the icon pages of the launcher. By default, the launcher determines the icon layout according to the height/width ratio of the screen. If the height-width ratio is smaller than 1.5, the icon layout will be 4-row with 4-column; if the height-width radio is equal to or larger than 1.5, the icon layout will be 5-row with 4-column. You can adjust the icon layout to be any other value available in the options.
- You can also adjust the font size of the title and the color of the icon title to fit your favorites.
After changing the icon size and the icon layout, you can tap Done on the header of this page, the launcher will apply you changes. If you only change the font size and the title color, the icon layout will not change.
Note that you can not change the icon layout when your launcher runs under Pad mode. Under Pad mode, Espier Launcher (iOS7) does not provide to change the icon layout. Because under Pad mode, the launcher will show the icons in portrait and landscape, this prevents implementing of the different icon layouts. Therefore, under Pad mode, the launcher only supports five columns with four rows in landscape and four columns with five rows in portrait. Besides this, Pad mode only works when your screen resolution is larger than 640x480.
Hiding & Locking Icon
Espier Launcher (iOS7) provides support for hiding icons or locking icons. This can help to protect your privacy. The lock can also be used to visit the online gallery.
- If you want to hide or lock icons, you need to set the lock mode. There are two options: pattern lock and passcode lock. The former uses a pattern as the lock, the later uses a passcode (four digitals) as the lock.
- No lock for Hidden Icons: If you turn on this option, when you visit the hidden icons, the launcher will not ask you for the lock.
- No lock for Online Gallery: If you turn on this option, when you visit the online gallery, the launcher will not ask you for the lock.
- Unhide all icons: You can unhide all icons by tapping this option. Unlock all icons: You can unlock all icons by tapping this option.
You can hide some lesser used icons (especially some obnoxious stock app icons). In this way, your HOME screen will be much clear and clean. On the other hand, hiding some icons will reduce the RAM consumed by the launcher. When you need to access the hidden icons, you can use the two-figure enlarging gesture on any icon page to show the hidden icons.
Icon Sorting & Backup
You can use the options to sort the icon, or backup and restore your icon settings to/from your external storage.
- System Priority: This is the default sorting rule; for the first installation, the launcher will use this rule to sort all icons. The system stock apps will be shown first and then the apps downloaded when using this rule.
- Alphabetical: The icons will be sorted according to the titles alphabetically.
- Installation Time: The latest installed apps will be shown first under this rule.
- Frequency of Use: Sorting the icons according to the usage. The most frequently used icons will be shown first.
- Save current icon settings: This option ill save your current icon settings (the icon order, your designs, your folders, and so on). Please note that the launcher can save different icon settings for different icon layouts and the themes. That is, a backup for a specific icon layout and theme will not overwrite the backup for a different icon layout and theme.
- Restore saved icon settings: This option will restore the saved icon settings under the current icon layout and theme. That is, you can not restore from a backup under different icon layout and theme. If you want to restore from such a backup, you need to change the icon layout and theme to be the ones which match the backup.
You can use the options to manage your shortcut icons.
- Shortcut Mark: This is a switcher. When turned on, a shortcut icon on the icon page will have a small mark which is shown on the left-bottom corner. Because all icons on the widget pages are shortcuts, this switcher will not apply to the icons on the widget pages.
- Allow apps to create. This switcher controls whether allow apps to create shortcut icons on the HOME screen. If you turn off this switcher, the icons created by any apps will not be shown on the launcher. If you turn on this switcher, you can also to control whether allow the apps to create duplicated shortcut icons on the home screen by using Allow duplicated shortcuts.
- Shortcut Position: This controls the default position to create the shortcut icons. There are two options: Widget pages and Icon pages.
This option sets the browser icon on the Dock bar. If you installed multiple browser apps, you can use this option to specify the browser you want to launch when tapping the browser icon on Dock bar of the launcher. You can also disable Use Espier Navigation page as the home page in the subsequent dialog when you tapping this option.
Widget on Taskbar
If you turn on this switcher, you can select a widget in 4x1 or 5x1 size to show on the taskbar of the launcher. The widget will replace the express toolbar at the leftmost place of the taskbar.
Remove App Box
This item can be used to remove the App Box folder on the home screen of the launcher. You need to get an extra license to remove the folder.
There are many options in the Advanced page. The options are some rarely used options to customize the launcher:
- Device Mode: Espier Launcher (iOS7) supports two run-time modes: Phone mode and Pad mode. By default, the launcher can automatically determine the device mode according to the device model. You can also force the launcher to run on a specific device mode. However, change the device mode will cause the launcher reset the icon layout; therefore, you’d better to backup your current settings. Note that Pad mode can run only if the resolution of your device is larger than 640x480.
- Full Screen: This option is only available when you installed and enabled Espier Notifications (iOS7). Turn on this option, the launcher will show in full screen. This will avoid the overlap of the clear status bar and the system stock status bar, and hide SmartBar or the virtual key bar on some systems.
- Update in WLAN: This option applies to App Box folder. When enabled, App Box folder only fetches update information of apps when your device is in WLAN.
- Vibrate on Touch: On some systems, when you enable the system’s Touch Feedback, this option will be available. This option controls whether vibrate when opening the hidden icons.
- Indicator Color: This option is only available in Espier Launcher iOS7. By default, the launcher can determine the color of the indicator according to the hue of the wallpaper. You can also specify a specific color for the indicator: Light (white) or Dark (gray).
- Visual Effects: You can enable or disable the options to balance the performance and the visual effects.
a)Animation: This switcher controls the animations of the launcher.
b) Transition Shadow: This effect is used when you swipe the screen from icon page to search page. It is only available in Espier Launcher.
c) Background Shadow. The effect is used to enhance the visual effect of the icon, the title, and the indicators. This option only available in Espier Launcher.
d) Blur Effect: This switcher is available in Espier Launcher iOS7. It is turned off by default. If you turn on it, the launcher will consume more RAM, but will get perfect iOS7 effects.
Options to edit icon/widget
If you long-tap an icon until the icons jitter, the launcher will enter into the edit mode. Tap the center of a jittering icon, the launcher will display a menu, in which are the menu items to edit the icon. Long-tapping a widget will also enter into the edit mode. In edit mode, you can remove a widget or resize a resizable widget (on Android 3.0 or later).
Use this item to change (rename) the title of the icon.
Use this item to hide the icon.
Use this item to lock/unlock the icon.
Use this item to tune your icon for a better effect by yourself.
- Background: Choose the background of the icon.
- Replace icon: Replace the original icon. You can choose any picture from the current theme, all installed app icons, or the system gallery to replace the original icon.
- Scaling rule: The rule to scale the icon.
- Rounded icon corners: Clip the icon to have rounded icon corners in order to match iOS style.
- 3D-enhancement: Enhance the 3D effect to match iOS style.
- Crystal mask: Use the classical crystal mask of iOS to enhance the contrast of the icon.
- Applying range: Select the application range of the current design. You can select a range to apply your design to all icons in this range. Note that the icon you specified on this page will not be applied to other icons.
- Restore the default design: You can use this item to restore the default design of the icon.
- Dynamic Icon. This item is only available in Espier Launcher iOS7. You can apply the dynamic clock or the dynamic calendar icon to a specific icon. By default, only the system clock app or Espier clock will use the dynamic clock icon; only the system calendar app will use the dynamic calendar icon.
a) Dynamic Calendar: The icon will show the current date and week on the icon.
b) Dynamic Clock: The icon will show an active analogue clock on the icon to show the current time. Note that the launcher only supports one dynamic clock icon. If you apply dynamic clock to a new icon, the current dynamic clock icon will be reset to be the default icon of the app.
Add a Shortcut
Use this item to add a shortcut of the current icon to widget page or icon page. The position of the newly added shortcut is dependent on the setting of Shortcut position in the Preferences of the launcher.
Espier Hub Icon
Espier Hub provides entries to manage the themes and the plugins of the launcher. You can also access the online gallery and the preferences of the launcher. The notifications in Espier Hub page contain some messages about updates of Espier apps from Espier Studio.